In the video, each activist explains what he did to report from the area, at times acting it out by shooting pictures or interviewing people – before being brutally murdered
American blogger Pamela Geller targeted for beheading
A 2017 trial date is scheduled
(AP) — Two men charged with conspiring to support the Islamic State group in a plot to kill a conservative blogger known for provoking Muslims are heading back to court.
David Wright, of Everett, Massachusetts, and Nicholas Rovinski, of Warwick, Rhode Island, are scheduled to appear Wednesday in federal court in Boston for a status conference. Their lawyers could ask for bail.
Both have been held without bail since pleading not guilty last month to charges of conspiring to provide material support to a terrorist organization. Prosecutors allege they plotted with Usaamah Rahim to behead blogger Pamela Geller, who organized a Prophet Muhammad cartoon contest in Texas in May. The plot wasn’t carried out.
Rahim was killed by investigators who say he lunged at them with a knife in Boston on June 2 when they approached him.
*Update: Nicholas Rovinski pleads guilty in ISIS plot to behead conservative blogger Pamela Geller.
FBI Fails to alert Americans on ISIS Kill List : U.S. Domestic Threat List
ISIS fanatics have blown up two journalists after packing their cameras and laptops with explosives in the terror group’s latest brutal execution video.
Footage shows one of the journalists handcuffed to metal railings, in Deir Ezzor, Syria, with a camera hanging around his neck before the device is apparently detonated.
Another media activist was executed in the same way but with a laptop while a third was tied to a metal door before being choked with an iron chain.
A fourth journalist has his throat cut by a knife-wielding executioner while a fifth is slaughtered with a ‘sharp object’ according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
They had reportedly been accused of ‘acting against the Islamic state, communicating with outside parties and receiving funds, and other charges.’
The Britain-based Observatory said the five were abducted in October and are believed to have been killed in December over their coverage of events in the eastern Syrian city of Deir el-Zour, half of which is held by ISIS.
The head of the Observatory, Rami Abdurrahman, said news of the detention and killing of the activists was withheld because no bodies had surfaced and the families feared retribution for reporting the deaths.
In the video, an ISIS narrator says the group is facing a media war and warns against reporting to the ‘crusaders’ and ‘enemies of God.’ The narrator says journalists who report on ISIS may be targeted, even if they reside in Europe. Abdurrahman said one of the activists, 28-year-old Sami Jawdat, has been feeding information to the Observatory since the outbreak of the civil war in 2011 and continued to do so after ISIS seized half of Deir el-Zour in 2014.
He said Jawdat had been detained by ISIS on a number of previous occasions. He said that since learning of the abduction and killing of the activists, his group has told other activists to refrain from taking photos or shooting video in ISIS-held areas.
In the video, each activist explains what he did to report from the area, at times acting it out by shooting pictures or interviewing people in the city’s market.
This 9-minute video titled “Inspirations of Satan” shows the gruesome murders of five journalists who are considered traitors for their reporting on the ISIS reign of terror.
Related: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC VIDEO – ISIS Executes “Spies,” Puts Heads on Spikes.
Related: U.S. Islamophobia Body Count.
Related: ISIS Hacker Steals ID of 1,351 Americans For Kill List.
Related: ISIS hit list targets 700 U.S. Army soldiers: ‘Kill the dogs.’
source: barenakedislam, dailymail, pamelageller.com, thegorgabriefing.com, circunews.com, masslive.com